:)) <3 im going to lock you in a dark, small, humid, poorly ventilated room with no windows and you’re going to keep on showering my flowering plants with love:3
if you cant see it. then maybe it doesnt exist.
im talking about my personality.
We cannot solve our problems as an ummah unless we learn to stop double parking & blocking people’s driveways when we go to the masjid 😂
when you see truth on your dashboard, you must never not reblog.
paw wow! gallop
Breathe. You’re going to be okay. Breathe and remember that you’ve been in this place before. You’ve been this uncomfortable and anxious and scared, and you’ve survived. Breathe and know that you can survive this too. These feelings can’t break you. They’re painful and debilitating, but you can sit with them and eventually, they will pass. Maybe not immediately, but sometime soon, they are going to fade and when they do, you’ll look back at this moment and laugh for having doubted your resilience. I know it feels unbearable right now, but keep breathing, again and again. This will pass. I promise it will pass.
Daniell Koepke (via arabarabarab)
If you read through the group (which is here, for anyone who missed it), there are people talking about some ways to help.
- Look at the latest news on the Feeding My Family website to see what the priorities are and how you might be able to help.
- If you’re Canadian, call your local MP and ask to discuss this issue and express your concern.
- Look up ways to support putting pressure onto airlines to charge fair rates (a $1000 plane ticket should be from one coast to the other, not a few hundred miles).
- Research and learn what you can about food sustainability. For a start, how about learning square foot/metre (French intensive) gardening or container gardening and starting to practice it yourself? Share these techniques with friends and family. Get good at it so you can teach them to others who have poor food security in your own area.
- For the love of God, stop signing “anti-sealing”/”anti-hunting” petitions and supporting Greenpeace’s actions without understanding the complicated, nuanced situation in the North.
- Watch the FB group, because people there mention direct donations and ways to help the organizations actually on the ground there.
- For example, one person is starting up a donation project/fundraiser.
- Look at what organizations like FoodShare are doing and support them.
There is so much to be done. Sharing news articles and stories, lists of resources, donation and fundraising pages, and knowledge about food security is critical, but there’s a lot more work of all sorts.
And men go abroad to admire the heights of mountains, the mighty waves of the sea, the broad tides of rivers, the compass of the ocean, and the circuits of the stars, yet pass over the mystery of themselves without a thought.
St. Augustine of Hippo, The Confessions (via thelittlephilosopher)
On the night of 30 August 1957, crowds gathered at the Royal Selangor Club Padang in Kuala Lumpur to witness the handover of power from the British.
Prime Minister-designate Tunku Abdul Rahman arrived at 11:58pm and joined members of the Alliance Party’s youth divisions in observing two minutes of darkness.
On the stroke of midnight, the lights were switched back on, and the Union Flag in the square was lowered. The new Flag of Malaya was raised as the national anthem ‘Negaraku’ was played.
This was followed by seven chants of “Merdeka” by the crowd.
Selamat Hari Kemerdekaan yang Ke-57!
#Merdeka57 #kitasama #lego #legominati #legolisedseries #brickcentral
AAAAAaaah!!! *cheeky scream* adorable!!!!!!!!
can anything be as depressing?